Monday, July 28, 2008

Wednesday Nov 7, 2007

Kerri Regehr

NT Journal 1


November 7, 2007


I woke up unusually early today to study for the OT final. It was so early the lights in the building weren’t even on yet and it was creepy! At five o’clock when the lights came on I headed up to the sixth floor to classroom four where several of us had created a study room the night before. I sat on the floor and read off of the two boards we had filled with notes from the whole semester of OT. When it was finally time for the test I was so ready to take it. I was relieved to have the test done and therefore enjoyed Brother Huntington’s class more than usual.

All of the students wanted to go out into the city to celebrate the test being over, and I was with them. I ended up going with a huge group that wanted to see if we could get on the Temple Mount. Miracles of miracles, we got on the Temple Mount! It was so cool to be right up where the Temple used to be. I took lots of pictures and even touched the Dome of the Rock. I tried to picture what Solomon’s temple would have looked like in all of its glory hundreds of years ago. When it was time for us to get off the Temple Mount, I wandered into the Jewish Quarter with a few friends. We ended up walking down the Cardo and then made our way into the Armenian Quarter where we visited an Armenian Genocide Museum. We walked back through the old city from Jaffa Gate and had a great time being heckled by the shop keepers, as usual. I spent the rest of my day trying not to think about the impending finals in my two Modern Near Eastern Studies classes and having fun. All in all, it was a fabulous day in Jerusalem!

While studying the New Testament for the rest of the semester I would like to gain a greater appreciation for Jesus Christ as a man who worked miracles among the people. I know he is my Savior and Redeemer, but I don’t think I know the miracles he worked as well as I should. I hope to learn more about these miracles, and be able to appreciate their application in my own life.

No comments: