Wednesday, August 6, 2008

November 14, 2007

Meg Rampton

14 Nov 2007

Today was my favorite day that we have had thus far. I really saw the law of opposition as we went into Bethlehem, the place where Christ was born. As we crossed the separation wall I couldn’t believe the difference and the sadness that it created. Walls do not bring people together and this wall has only caused a larger gap to the Israeli/Palestine conflict.

I was very thankful that we weren’t just dropped off at Manger square but had the opportunity to walk through Bethlehem. My eyes where opened as I saw the streets lined with posters from the radical groups of their “martyrs” or suicide bombers encouraging more to join them. They were everywhere with posters of men and guns, and even young boys and guns. These posters gave me such an ere feelings. But there was such an opposite feeling as we walked into the Church of the Nativity and down in to the holy grotto. To me it is one of the most sacred places on this earth. The spirit was so strong and I was so thankful to Heavenly Father for sending His son Jesus Christ to this earth and perform the ultimate mission of salvation.

Then as we went the evening out in the Sheppard’s field I knew again in my heart what a sacred place and Land this is. Brother Ludlow reminded us of a (to me) truth that we were probably among the angles who song and were around that the joyous night Christ was born. How familiar this place felt to me. It was a very spiritual fireside program.

In this next month of New Testament study I hope I will increase my understanding of cultural happenings of the time so that I understand Christ’s teachings. I also hope to become more like him through understanding more of his life, what he did, why he did it, and how so that I can in turn spend my life trying to emulate it.

No comments: