Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursday november 29, 2007

November 29, 2007

Katie Vargo

Today we had class in the Galilee while Bro. Drapers class went on a field trip. We had a quiz, it was hard but i learned from it, so i guess it accomplished its purpose. Class was very enlightening, I think being in the Galilee helps a lot to open my mind to the fact that these stories we are reading are real, they really did happen. After class most of us went on a hike through the Golan Heights. We meat our guide outside the Kibbutz, he was strangely familiar, and then we discussed he looked a lot like Aristotle :) The hike or rather walk we went on was beautiful. We got to stop at two waterfalls, the black falls and the white falls. At the White Falls we got to go swimming. The water was SO cold, I mean I have never been in such cold water. When I got in, it burned, and I could feel my heart race and it was hard to breath, but once I was numb, it was fun. We could sit under the water fall and let the water fall onto our heads and back. I loved swimming. After the hike I was in the group that got to go to the fish restaurant where i had the filet of the St. Peter’s fish. It was actually really good, i am not a big fish fan but i enjoyed it a lot. From there we drove into Tiberias where we went to a grocery store. It was like a stampede to the chocolate isle to buy the ever famous “cow chocolate”, which I am pretty sure we bought them out of. From there we went to a little outdoor market type place where there were clothes and trinkets and ice cream. Instead of buying ice cream, i opted to buy a pair of bright orange “gini pants” they are awesome. The lady who i bought them from told Meg and I (who also bought a pair) that they were loved by all the men in Israel. Needless to say, they will make a great Halloween costume if nothing else. It was a really great day, full of learning, adventure and a little shopping :).

One of my favorite passages from the New Testament is John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid”. I love this passage because it is so full of warmth and comfort. I don’t deal with change very well, and i succumb to fear a lot. But this passage helps me to remember that I need not fear, what is to come. In and through the Savior Jesus Christ there is peace and comfort. As long as we cling to him, and not get side tracked by the world, we will come out conquerors.

No comments: