Sunday, August 24, 2008

November 9, 2007

Natasha Antoniak

Brother Ludlow

November 9, 2007

Well, today we got back our Old Testament finals, which means that most of us left class kicking ourselves over missing silly questions. It was also our first day of the long-awaited New Testament class. Everyone is excited to finally be diving into the Savior's life and ministry, to walk where He walked and to learn where He taught.

After lunch eleven of us smashed into a ten man taxi and headed to the big city for a day filled with touring and fun. We wandered all around trying to get to the Great Synagogue. Once we found it we discovered they weren't doing tours. After being let in by a janitor we got kicked out and decided to go to the open market instead. It was great! This one shopkeeper refused to bargain with me for a sweater I wanted so I left. A few minutes later I went back and he finally sold it to me for the price I wanted. Maggie inspired all of us to get fisherman pants. We scoured West Jerusalem for stripy socks but found a bunch of great shoe stores instead.

I pretty much have been waiting to study the New Testament since I got accepted to this program. It's always been a lifelong dream of mine to study the teachings and life of Christ in the Holy Land. I'm anxious for my understanding to grow and be refined by learning about the culture and events surrounding those times. I want to increase my understanding of the Savior and His infinite atonement, which will strengthen the testimony that already I already have. To study all of that here will bring more significance to the stories we all know. It will make them a reality.

No comments: