Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wednesday December 12, 2007

Nichelle Tagg

December 12, 2007



Tel Aviv

Today we started the day out touring Tel Aviv. Rebecca Price and I got left behind at one of the bathroom stops. Luckily one of the groups passed by a few minutes later so we got a tour. We were kind of excited to spend the day at the beach but... we visited some important homes and buildings. I thought it was neat to go to the Museum after lunch. We heard Ben Gurion talk about creating the state of Israel. That was pretty interesting. We had the afternoon off. Some people went to the Diaspora museum, some stayed in the city and some went to Jaffa. I went to Jaffa, saw the church where the revelation came to take the gospel to people other than the Jews, then a bunch of us walked down to the beach. James Archibald, Kerri Knackstedt, Greg Marsh, Rachel Mildenstein and I waded in the Mediterranean Sea. It was a beautiful day. Kerri and I went swimming in our clothes. It was a lot of fun but I was definitely freezing on the ride home. I had a nice hot shower when I got home then I ate dinner and studied for a bit and worked on my paper for archaeology.

One of my favorite teachings from the New Testament this semester is Love. Christ showed love in every aspect of life. Because he lived a perfect life we are able to repent and be perfected. He showed love to everyone. He didn't' judge people according to the way they dressed talked, he loved everyone. He told everyone to come unto him. I have really come to realize the worth of souls this semester. The purpose of this gospel is to help other people feel Christ's love; the only way we can do that is by showing charity, by exemplifying Christ's love in our life towards anyone we come in contact with. Now as we are heading home I have been thinking a lot about missionary work. I have gained a great understanding of the gospel here but it is not worth anything if I don't share it. That's why I have been blessed with this opportunity, to share my newly expanded testimony of Christ with others and allow them to feel his love and choose to come unto him.

No comments: