Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wednesday November 18, 2007

Download the original attachment

Emma Hanks

28 November 2007

Brother Ludlow’s class, Journal entry

It was another great day in the Galilee. We had our Galilean Judaism Field trip which was pretty cool. We went to the Masada of the Galilee, a hilltop fortress called Gamla. The Zealots headquartered there held off the Romans until Titus came back with a vengeance and the rebels were either killed, pushed off the step cliffs to the south or they jumped to their death to escape the swords of the Romans. I think everyone enjoyed the brisk hike in the cold wind down to the fortress. Later we went to The “Talmudic Village Experience at Qatzrin. What was the highlight there?…one word-Peeper Rock. After scrambling around the “Nauvoo of the Jews” according to Br. Ludlow, everyone took off to the strip mall around the corner to try and get a burger at Burger Ranch or shop at the market there.

We had the afternoon free while Br. Drapers class went on the hike and I think most people spent the afternoon in the scriptures, or falling asleep on the chairs outside. That evening half of us went to the fish restaurant. After all the eyeballs had been sucked out and eaten, all the pizza disappeared, and Risa was thouroughly terrified of fried fish we went out to the market and bought the entire store out of pop-rocks chocolate, we went out to the city center and most people bought a bit of over-priced ice cream. After returning to Ein Gev there was a lot playing around on the beach and around the campfire, but I think I probably just went to bed. I’m boring like that.

One of my new favorite scriptures in the New Testament is In John 15. On my mission every night we recited John 15, and to me it will always represent a source of strength and love from the savior to us. I am the vine and ye are the branches, permaneced en mi, abide in me, stick with me, come with me, stay with me always. But I also especially like verse 9 “As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you; continue ye in my love.” Its an exhortation to spread the Love of God and of his beloved son through ourselves and through the entire world.

No comments: