Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday December 9, 2007

Brother Ludlow
Tuni Rose
Journal for 12/9/2007


Today our classes left for the fieldtrip at 9:30 a.m. We were all so stoked because we have never left that late for a field trip! It was such a good change of pace.
The actual model of the old city was fascinating. Each piece was a small masterpiece that allowed the model as a whole look incredible. It was really helpful to see the layout like that because we could imagine the routes that Jesus must’ve taken and where certain things had taken place. For me it was extremely helpful because we have been touring on and walking over hundreds of years of reconstructed buildings and pavements so it was hard to envision how it really was. The temple mount was beautiful.
The Book of the Shrine held artifacts of the Dead Sea scrolls. We got to see copies of the original and other things found at the site. Basically we got a step by step encounter with the entire project. It was very interesting.
Tonight was the Jerusalem Center choir debut. They all performed so well and really helped us all feel the spirit of Christmas. I confess I felt sad to be leaving here but so anxious to get home to my family and celebrate all of our usual traditions with them. They did such an incredible job and I know that everyone sitting around me loved it as well. The coke-floats afterwards were awesome!
My favorite experience this semester was our trip into the Galilee. It pretty much changed my outlook on my stay here in Jerusalem. I felt like I was finally able to relax in some respects. I loved hiking through the Golan wilderness and being able to enjoy the beauty of Northern Israel. I particularly enjoyed the boat ride across Galilee and eating fish at the restaurant. Mt. Tabor has such a special spirit about it. I wish we could have spent more time there but the memory will always be in my heart.

No comments: